Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The holidays are gone...a new year is upon us.


I know I'm a little late in posting but the end of 2008 and beginning of 2009 has been one hectic time of the year. My wonderful husband surprised me with a trip home to see my family for Christmas. It was my first Christmas home in 7 years! It was wonderful. It was a LONG and QUICK trip but it was worth it. My kids had a blast as well. We've started trying to teach Olivia the TRUE meaning of Christmas. I'm not sure what to tell her about santa. She asks questions about why we can't fly with his reign deer. I won't lie to her. For now, I've been able to skirt around that topic and direct her to why we really celebrate Christmas. On another note, I don't want MY kid to be the one that tells her entire class that santa doesn't exist which is one reason I've avoided the topic all together. I remember my brother telling me and how heart broken I was but thinking back, I don't "think" my parents ever told me he was real but I still thought he was. My brother was the one that ruined alot of things for me but I love him anyway! It was great to get to see my grandparents and some of my aunts and uncles and cousins.

As for the new year, I proclaim this as a year of change. I know it is a year of change for our country but I want it to be a year of change for me personally and for my family. I'm on a quest to have our family eat more healthy, spend more time together, and have family quiet time and devotions together. I'm on a quest to learn to be more patient and more dedicated to my home and Church activities. This is a year to be better at what you do. I wish all of you a very happy, prosperous new year!

No comments: