Sunday, November 9, 2008

Christmas time is coming!


Are you ready for it? We have a layaway yet to get out but for the most part, have the kids stuff taken care of. My mom and Jeremy's mom and some family will be getting a 6 mth picture of Madison for Christmas. We can't afford to buy for all the adults. We had our pictures made at our photographers and are ordering Christmas cards from her. That will have to be most everyone elses Christmas this year. The kids are our main focus. Thankfully Madison is young enough, she doesn't really need anything. We have her 2 toys in layaway and that will be it for her. I may put some socks and such in her stocking as she could REALLY use some. The newborn socks just aren't quite cutting it anymore.

Caleb is getting a tool bench. He will absolutely love it! He's getting a tricylce also. He won't be able to use it for a few months but at least we'll have it ready when Spring arrives. It was just such a great deal, I couldn't pass it up. It's Diego and he absolutely LOVES Dora and Diego. Olivia is getting a guitar (she's been asking for one for a LONG time). It's not a full size guitar but it's not the little ones either. I forgot what it's called but it's the next size up from a jr. and one size down from a full size. It's pretty big. I got it $30.00 and it was regular $100.00.I found a great deal on it on clearance at Target. I just love me some Targe clearance! She's getting a digital camera as well. Nothing fancy. Just one of those $40.00 ones you can pick up off the shelf. It's fancy enough for her. It has an LCD screen and all it's just a teeny bopper looking camera. I think it may be Hannah Montanna or Cheetah girls or something like that. Then they are each getting a couple clothes items and small toys. Caleb is getting some hot wheels in his stocking and Livy is getting some lip gloss. I still need to find her a couple things both for the stocking and under the tree. Thankfully we started early and have most of it done. Then, as soon as Christmas is over, we have to start buying for birthdays. All 3 of their birthdays are within 3 weeks of each other. The girls actually share a birthday and then 3 weeks later Caleb has his. It's like Christmas all over again.

I wish I could go home and see my family for Christmas. I can't remember the last time I got to be home for Christmas. Probably Christmas of 2000. Christmas 2001, (the year we got married) Jeremy worked that night. The next Christmas, we were living in Alabama and have been ever since. Next year, we will probably be home for Thanksgiving. Maybe we can do some sort of Christmas then. At least with my mom, brothers and sisters, and nieces and nephews.

The most important thing is family and mine are clothed, fed, have a roof over their head and we are all healthy. Not much more I could ask for. We are quite blessed!

No comments: